Software Engineer Internship
Who we are:
We are a world leader in data science, machine learning and AI. Our mission is to help the world unlock the power of big data through innovative, simple and easy-to-implement solutions that generate business value. We are proud to have worked on over 200 data science and artificial intelligence projects ranging from counter-terrorism projects for the UK Home Office to predictive analytics for a London bus company.
Our organisation is made up of individuals with integrity, intelligence and passion. At our core, we believe in the importance of seeking truth to deepen our understanding of the world. In practice, this means tackling difficult issues alongside our clients, always checking our assumptions and making sure we base our conclusions on concrete evidence.
Founded in 2014, we are now a company of more than 60 based in Marylebone, London. In the next year, we look to continue our growth trajectory. We care profoundly about our values and think carefully about how everything we do embodies those values. We look for driven, thoughtful, collaborative team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission and are excited to be part of our journey to build a great organisation.
What you will actually be doing:
As a software engineer intern, you will be working directly on the development of SherlockML, a platform for collaborative data science. You will be integrated in the development team and contribute directly to features. Because of the rapid development cycle of the product, you will see your contribution impact production within days of you joining. By the end of your placement you will have contributed entire features to the platform.
As part of you placement you will be exposed to the following technologies that are part of our development stack:
- React (if working in frontend)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Elasticsearch and Kibana
- AWS as a cloud provide
You will also have the opportunity to familiarise with the Data science pipeline and practical artificial intelligence.
- Right to work full time in the UK, we cannot sponsor this internship
- Available for 6 months from April 2019
- Working knowledge of version control
- Some familiarity with functional programming
- Confident with Java, C++, Objective C or similar
- Working knowledge of data structures
- Experience of SQL and understanding of implementation
- Interest in working in a start up environment
- Competence in Scala is appreciated but not required
- Paid internship
- Be part of the team helping to deliver benefits of AI to the society
- Have ownership of your work
- Work alongside exceptional and lovely people
- An environment that is extremely supportive for anyone who’s keen to learn and improve
- The freedom to further your skill set