Who we are:
We are a world leader in data science, machine learning and AI. Our mission is to help the world unlock the power of big data through innovative, simple and easy-to-implement solutions that generate business value. We are proud to have worked on over 200 data science and artificial intelligence projects ranging from counter-terrorism projects for the UK Home Office to predictive analytics for a London bus company.
Our organisation is made up of individuals with integrity, intelligence and passion. At our core, we believe in the importance of seeking truth to deepen our understanding of the world. In practice, this means tackling difficult issues, always checking our assumptions and making sure we base our conclusions on concrete evidence.
Founded in 2014, we are now a company of more than 60 based in Marylebone, London. In the next year, we look to continue our growth trajectory. We care profoundly about our values and think carefully about how everything we do embodies those values. We look for driven, thoughtful, collaborative team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission and are excited to be part of our journey to build a great organisation.
As the workplace manager you will be joining the Operations team. We are responsible for enabling ASI growth; through attracting the world's best talent, scaling the business, ensuring we remain financially stable and fostering our unique culture. As a team we strongly believe the best people are the ones who roll their sleeves up and muck in; we hope you agree.
What you will be doing:
As the workplace manager your mission is to create an effective work environment that embodies the values, culture and needs of ASI.
To achieve this you will:
- Deliver our future workplace. Informed by the strategic direction of ASI, our culture, the needs of our people, the budget and future employee growth
- Optimise our current office. Taking everyone in ASI on a journey to understand how we can better use the space, what this means for the way we work and behave, while ensuring we are compliant with relevant legislation
- Manage the running of our office. Getting your hands dirty to ensure the services, systems and processes of running an office are delivered
As a rapidly growing organisation, roles are very dynamic and subject to change, so as you build your career at ASI you will have the opportunity to take on new challenges.
Who you are:
- Entrepreneurial: you are energised by new challenges and change
- Collaborative: you actively welcome new ideas and challenge, taking the opposing view to test your assumptions and find the right answer
- Analytical: you make decisions on the basis of evidence, rather than past experience, gut instinct or prevailing thinking
- Proactive: you get things done, rather than waiting for someone else to fix it
- Resilient: you take ownership of failure and see it as an opportunity to learn and grow
- Self-aware: you know what you’re good at and, equally importantly, you know what you need to work on
- Team player: you do what is needed to achieve the mission of ASI, rather than thinking “that’s not my job”
- Workplace management: you have experience or are interested in the shaping the design and evolution of a workplace
- Project management: the ability to plan, manage and deliver an office move or renovation
- People management: you have experience or are keen to manage others in line with our culture
- Communication: you are clear, engaging and persuasive
- System design: you are have experience or are interested in designing, improving and scaling systems
- Relationship building: you know how to build trust, manage expectations and take people on a journey with you
- Enjoy a competitive salary
- Be part of the team helping to deliver benefits of AI to the society
- Have ownership of your work and enjoy the impact you create
- Work alongside exceptional and lovely people
- Engage in interesting and challenging work and the opportunity to make the role your own
- Equity in a rapidly growing, funded start-up
- Have ownership of your time with unlimited holiday and support for flexible working
- An environment that is extremely supportive for anyone who’s keen to learn and improve
- The freedom to further your skill set
We are unable to sponsor this role, so you need to have the right to work in the UK.