We are a London based firm who are experts in applying artificial intelligence to solve business problems.
Our consultancy business comprises a team of elite data scientists and engineers who help clients solve problems by developing cutting edge machine learning models for them.
Our clients range from small startups to international brands and Government departments. Our current projects cover everything from optimising marketing and extracting insight from social media data to catching terrorists. In recent work;
- We built a predictive maintenance model for a train manufacturer that reduced the number of inspections engineers need to perform to find a fault in need of repair from 10,000 to 2.
- We built a real time scheduling model for a London bus company that made services 38% more likely to show up on time, creating savings of £250k per route.
- We built a fraud detection model that captured 93% of the fraud that the client’s previous system missed, and allowed them to reduce their fraud team from 130 people to 20.
We are growing rapidly, and to support this growth we are looking for a Commercial Principal to join the team.
This is a leadership role within ASI's Data Science consultancy team. Alongside other Commercial Principals you will have responsibility for developing new business, and overseeing the delivery of data science projects.
Your business development responsibility will involve generating leads, building relationships with potential clients, scoping data science projects with them, and ultimately converting them into sales.
Your project delivery responsibility will involve overseeing a team of elite data scientists to build and deploy cutting edge models that are tailored to meet the needs of your clients.
As part of this role you will also be expected to provide high quality advice to C-suite clients on ‘Data Strategy’; covering the impact that AI and data science could have on their business and sector, and the practical steps that they need to take in order to capitalise on this.
This role does not require deep technical knowledge. Our data scientists will own the technical solution - you do not have to. But it does require enough understanding of data science techniques and the value they bring to spot opportunities, help clients think them through, and to credibly oversee their delivery.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to build a pedigree in the commercial application of AI and machine learning. You will get to lead on cutting edge problem solving across a wide range of industries.
We are a small business, and we need people who take the initiative. Commercial Principals will be given a high degree of autonomy, and supported to build a line of business in their own image.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 5+ years experience of successful business development, ideally from a consulting, technology or data background
- Be highly credible in dealing with very senior stakeholders, with exceptional communication skills, and the ability to boil down complicated concepts to their essence.
- Have experience of working with technical teams and delivering technical projects.
- Have a single minded focus on client value.
- Be a versatile and practical problem solver.
- Be able to talk persuasively about how AI and data can be used to solve problems, and able to think creatively about how these can be applied to a particular client's needs.
- Competitive salary.
- Unlimited holiday
- Equity in a rapidly growing, funded start-up.
- The opportunity to work in one of Europe’s most exciting data science and advanced analytics companies.
- High-impact work and the freedom to shape one of our core products.
- A fun, highly-educated and growing team that trusts you and values your learning and advancement.
- Regular training in business skills as well as the latest data science techniques, tools, and technologies.
- Exposure to a wide variety of sectors and AI applications
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!