ASI Data Science is a world leader in data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence. As businesses realise the importance of using data to drive growth and stay competitive, ASI is at the forefront of using data to make better decisions. Be it running the UK’s most prestigious data science fellowship, our data science product, SherlockML, or helping some of the most well known companies in the UK solve their data science problems, the scope of our mission is beyond that of a traditional company.
ASI is looking for an experienced front-end engineer to join the team to help us build a truly innovative data science platform, capable of handling petabyte-scale data analysis. Used both internally by our data science consultants and provided as a service to our clients, you will be building the product that drives ASI’s growth over the coming years. Furthermore, as one of the early hires on ASI’s engineering team you will be given the freedom to shape technology adoption and the direction of the platform.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for technology and building elegant software applications. They can explain complex ideas simply and clearly, and have a focus on shipping code. They possess strong technical skills in computer science and software development, and enjoy keeping up with cutting-edge technologies.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to solve interesting and important problems, work with the smartest people, and have genuine opportunities to vastly expand their skill set.
- Design and build a world class data science platform using the latest open source technologies.
- Work with our team of expert data engineers, data scientists, and UX designers to build the client-side application that is the face of our platform.
- Architect and develop complex front-end applications.
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of data science and data engineering projects spanning almost every industry.
- Be involved at every stage of the product lifecycle from idea generation to launching products.
- Have the opportunity to deliver teaching on software engineering to both PhD-level students on our fellowship program and practitioners at various levels in industry.
- Work with the following technologies:
- ReactJS / Redux / Flow / Webpack / Babel
- Cucumber / Jest / Chai
- HTML5, CSS3
- Apache Spark
You should be a programming expert with a passion for technology and solving the toughest problems. You should be comfortable jumping in at the deep end and learning new skills on a bleeding edge platform.
- 2+ years of experience in front-end development.
- Deep understanding of fundamental browser technologies
- Responsive Web Design (desktop and mobile)
- Proven ability developing complex client-side applications
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth startup environment
- Interesting side projects that can show off your work!
- An entrepreneurial mindset and ability to turn ambiguous briefs into successful products.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication.
We value skills over certificates; speak to us if you think you would be great for the role, but do not have the conventional qualifications.
You must also be available to work full time from our offices in Central London.
- Equity in a rapidly growing, funded start-up.
- The opportunity to work in one of Europe’s most exciting data science and advanced analytics companies.
- High-impact work and the freedom to shape one of our core products.
- A fun, highly-educated and growing team that trusts you and values your learning and advancement.
- Weekly training in the latest data science techniques, tools, and technologies.
- Attractive location in London’s new Data Science hub.
- Time to grow as a data engineer / data scientist in the techniques and tools you haven't yet mastered.
- Competitive salary.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!